Benefits of HDPE corrugated pipe in culvert applications
- Withstands traffic loads – Culverts are often buried in shallow cover situations where traffic creates a high ‘live load’ influence on the pipe. Properly installed HDPE corrugated pipe can withstand AASHTO HS-25 loads with a minimum 1 ft (0.3 m) of cover for pipe 48-inch (1200 mm) and smaller, or 2 ft (0.6 m) of cover for larger pipe diameters.
- Economical installation – HDPE corrugated pipe installs quickly and economically and with less traffic disruption than other materials. The light weight of the product eliminates the need for heavy material-handling equipment. Pipe joints can be made quickly with bell-and-spigot or mechanical coupling bands.
- Withstands aggressive environments – HDPE corrugated pipe performs well in environments that damage other materials. Acidic soil and runoff, a common problem in some areas, can shorten the life of corrugated steel or concrete pipe to just a few years. HDPE corrugated pipe will last for decades in the same environment and is often the product of choice to reline or replace other drainage products that have deteriorated. HDPE is also highly resistant to abrasion unlike pipe manufactured from metal and concrete. Liners and coatings are unnecessary and are not used on HDPE corrugated pipe.
- Proven and accepted – HDPE corrugated pipe has been in use for more than 40 years. Initially used in agricultural applications, the addition of a smooth interior expanded its use into more rigorous applications in the 1980’s. HDPE corrugated pipe is an established, proven product for many markets and applications.
HDPE corrugated pipe meets AASHTO M252 or M294, depending on the diameter. Both Type C, (corrugated interior), and Type S, (smooth interior wall) are widely available. HDPE corrugated pipe is approved by most state Departments of Transportation, local municipalities, and regional agencies for use as culverts and in other drainage applications.
HDPE Corrugated Pipe is Available at Acadiana Shell & Limestone
Call today for pricing 800-366-0612
Abbeville (337) 893-1111
Lafayette (337) 981-9891
Krotz Springs (337) 566-2101
New Iberia (337) 369-3300
Calumet (985) 395-0030
Acadiana Shell & Limestone Provides the Following Materials & Products
• Limestone • Crushed Limestone • Sand • Mason • Dirt • Topsoil • Gravel • Aggregates • Rip Rap • Culverts • Drainage Products • Drainage Fittings • Polyethylene Culverts (Black Plastic Pipe) • Polypropylene Culverts (Grey Plastic Pipe) • Metal Culverts • Concrete Culverts • Storm Drain Culverts • Storm Drain Pipe • A-2000 Culverts (White Plastic Pipe) • Oilfield Cellers • Construction Fabric • Pipe Wrap • Silt Fence • Landscape Mulch • And more...
Give us a call, if we don't provide the product or service you are needing we can steer you in the right direction!
Abbeville LA Office - Acadiana Shell & LImestone
Contact US: 337-893-1111
Lafayette LA Office - Acadiana Shell & Limestone
Contact Us: 337-981-9891
New Iberia LA Office - Acadiana SHell & Limestone
Contact Us: 337-369-3300
Krotz Springs Office - Acadiana Shell & Limestone
Contact Us: 337-566-2101
Calumet LA Office - Acadiana Shell & Limestone
Contact Us: 985-395-0030
Acadiana Shell & Limestone
"We Rock the Coast...and Beyond!"
Acadiana Shell and Limestone serves the major cities and surrounding communities of Lafayette, Scott, Carencro, Duson, Rayne, Crowley, Maurice, Milton, Youngsville, Broussard, Abbeville, Kaplan, Breaux Bridge, Opelousas, Eunice, Mire, Erath, Delcambre, Amelia, Arnaudville, Baldwin, Basile, Bayou Vista, Berwick, Cankton, Leonville, Loreauville, Mamou, Melville, Mermentau, Midland, Morgan City, Morse, New Iberia, Cecilia, Chataignier, Church Point, Egan, Esterwood, Eunice, Palmetto, Parks, Patterson, Pine Prairie, Port Barre, Rayne, Scott, St. Martinville, Sunset, Ville Platte, Washington, Franklin, Grand Coteau, Gueydan, Henderson, Intracoastal City, Iota, Jeanerette, Krotz Springs, Lawtell, Alexandria, Port Hudson, Atchafalaya, Baton Rouge, Bayou Chicot, Bayou Sale, Brusly, Cade, Cameron, Grand Chenier, Catahoula, Centerville, Charenton, Cottonport, Creole, Cypermort Point, Dequincy, Deridder, Donalsonville, Elton, Erwinville, Fenton, Gross Tete, Glenmora, Houma, Iberville, Jennings, Lake Charles, Lacassine, Lake Arthur, Leesville, Marksville, New Roads, Oberlin, Plaquemine, Pointe a la Hache, Port Allen, Simmesport, Vatican, Vinton, Zachary as well as Lafayette Parish, Acadia Parish, Vermilion Parish, St Martin Parish, St Landry Parish, Evangeline Parish, Jefferson Davis Parish, St Mary Parish, Allen Parish, Ascension Parish, Beauregard Parish, Calcasieu Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Iberville Parish, Pointe Coupee Parish, Rapids Parish, Red River Parish, Terrebonne Parish, West Baton Rouge Parish, West Feliciana Parish and throughout the greater Acadiana area and everywhere in between in South Louisiana.